Team Managers Charter
Individual teams to consist of a minimum of 3 “officials” whose rolls should include but are not limited to the following.
- Team Manager
- Assistant to the team manager
- First Aid
- Welfare contact
- Finance contact
- Match arranger
- Results/full time administrator
- Team/Club Fundraiser
Full responsibility for all aspects of individual teams and their officials and representation at all club meetings is that of the team manager.
Multiple rolls can be allocated to individuals (team officials) however a minimum of 3 officials per team is an FA recommendation (Leading to requirement) to safeguard officials and players from possibilities of compromise during any team activity and/or social event.
Please note that any child registered to represent Thorncliffe FC would automatically result in their parents or guardians becoming members of the club.
All members of the club are bound by its rules, regulations, terms and conditions and must always uphold the constitution and therefore be subject to the same disciplinary procedures as players or officials.
- Attend annual general meeting as determined by club Secretary – All officials (Full Club Membership are Invited)
- Attend all club monthly meetings as determined by the club secretary – team Manager
- Always Adhere to the club’s constitution – all involved
- Commitment to undertake training courses maintaining qualifications required – all officials
- Always Promote child safeguarding – all officials
- Identify and report any situation to club welfare officer any issues from team and/or club members that could potentially lead to dispute – Welfare contact, all members
- Adhere to social media policies that prevents individual group creation by teams, adults or children – all members
- Ensure all deadlines advised by the Football Association are met regarding obtaining qualifications required to prevent team or club suspension – all officials
- Ensure deadlines and requirements set by league and club Secretary are met for annual registrations to prevent unnecessary costs or fines. – team manager, finance contact
- Never under any circumstance play anyone either not registered or suspended from playing – team manager.
- Participate in any reasonable team/club activity as and when requested – all officials
- Participate in parent/team meetings with or without committee members when required, to enable transparency to the membership – all officials
- Ensure match results are posted initially by reply text no later than 6pm on the day of the game and online via Fulltime by the following Tuesday as per league requirements and preventing unnecessary fines – results administrator(The deadlines for reporting match results for midweek games will be advised accordingly by the league)
- Any postponement request to the League must be actioned via the club secretary and in accordance with the League regulations giving 28 full days’ notice – Team manager
Essential Duties Cont’d
- Work with club treasurer to collect all subscriptions payable – Finance Contact
- All monies collected through any form of sponsorship or fundraising must be paid into the central fund where amount raised would be allocated to the relevant team’s balance – Finance Contact, Fundraiser.
- Promote the club’s zero tolerance policy on drugs – All members.
On And Off The Field
- Promote the respect campaign and immediately address any situation that may arise.
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, officials and spectators.
- Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
- Promote fair play and high standards of behaviour
- Always respect the match official’s decision
- Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
- Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
- Maintain club identity , with use of club issue home and away/training kits only.
- As representatives of Thorncliffe FC promote respect for all facilities and their custodians whether at home, away or socialising.
When Working With Players
- Place the wellbeing, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything
- Explain exactly what is expected of players and what they can expect from their coach/manager
- Ensure all parents/carers of all players under the age of 18 understand these expectations
- Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
- When Working With Players Cont’d
- Adhere to the allocated training slot and duration as informed by club secretary
- Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self-esteem
- Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
- Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate for the players ability level, age and maturity
- Co-operate fully with others in football (eg Officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers) in the best interest of each player
- Work with other team officials to prevent being alone with children and maintaining a shadow situation.
The Following Actions May Be Taken By The Club, County FA, Or The League Against Any Member Of Thorncliffe FC Who Do Not Comply With The Above
- Requirement to meet with the club, league or County Welfare Officer
- Requirement to meet with the club committee
- Monitoring by another club coach
- Requirement to attend an FA Education Course
- Suspension by the Club from attending training sessions
- Suspension by the Club from all team activity
- Requirement to leave or suspension from duty by the club
- Suspension or fine by the County FA
- Sine die from county FA
- Expulsion of team from league
- Expulsion of Club by FA
Please Note The Following
All monies paid out by central fund for unnecessary costs or fines will be deducted from the team that is responsible current balance held at central fund pending any successful appeal to the executive committee.
For any unsuccessful appeal it is at the individual team managers/official’s discretion to pass the amount paid on to the relevant individual concerned